Week 6- The Stand User

I had a pretty clear design in mind for my stand user, based off of the initial style practice I had done.

At the time of designing her, I felt it was also important to keep her pose in mind. Poses are a key feature in JJBA. Main characters each have a unique pose, amplifying their character.

I created some thumbnails of possible poses. I wanted my character to be strong, sassy and sarcastic. With strength being her main attribute. 
I even created 3D pose tests, to see how well they would translate to 3D.


I asked for feedback from my peers, and they all chose the top right. Whilst this pose isn't as dynamic as the others, this meant I would have to exaggerate her proportions more, and give her a less anatomically correct bend in her knees and feet. 

I felt her outfit required a lot of thought, as Araki is heavily fashion inspired.
I choose to go with the Visual Kei style, as this was Japan's response to the 80's goth movement, of which I has chose the two bands for her and her stand's inspiration. I thought it was also a suitable nod to Araki's love of western music. 

This was then followed by very rough thumbnails, focusing just on shapes and possible types of clothes. 


And developed these to a slightly more detailed version


I chose the middle bottom design to use in my final concept.

I also created a character bible for her. Detailing her personality, and the stand's powers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 13-texture

Week 11- Refining the Sculpt

Week 10- Low to High