Week 12- High Poly- Unwrap

This week was all about refining the sculpt.

I had to make sure I was satisfied, so I could begin to unwrap.

I chose to unwrap in 3DS Max. Once I has unwrapped each object, I did individual bake tests in Substance painter. Of course, not everything worked straight away, so this helped me identify issues with the bake.


The test bake proved that there was some issues with some of my high poly. I had to redo some of the high poly sculpts, simply using the unwrapped lower poly version. Although this was time consuming, I feel this was perhaps for the  best, as they ended up looking better the second time around.

During this time I also set up the shaders within my unreal file, creating a cel shader, toon shader and toon outline.

Once these were set up, I imported the high poly, so I could see how these shades would interact.
I initially only had the toonline shader, but once I had imported the low poly with the normal maps. I realised this one wasn't picking up the detail it had on the high poly. A mistake I should have realised earlier. I had to then create the second outline shader, that used the world normal to pick it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 13-texture

Week 11- Refining the Sculpt

Week 10- Low to High